Thursday, November 19, 2009

Field Trip

I forgot to mention, I got to go on a field trip with Glee's class to the California Science Center and Imax theatre. Lots of fun. In her class there are 8 kids, four boys and four girls. They are called the GATE cluster, higher achieving kids. The other 12 kids in her class are 2nd grade (she's 3rd). Those kids really are a different level than the other third graders. Very strange. They stick together too. One of the boys in her class, named Kevin, plays an online game called Maplestory. He told Glee about and now her, Thomas and I all have characters. She was playing the other day when a character came up to her and called her by her real name. It freaked me out a little. Here is my 8 year old playing an online game with a boy from her school, all virtually... and it was an amazing thing to me. Our technology is a major thing, it has really evolved. Computers barely existed when I was 8 and it wasn't until I was 16 that you could "go online." Here she is communicating with a school friend in the virtual world. It blows my mind. Just think what her life will be like if she is doing this at 8!

No comments: