Monday, January 16, 2012

MLK Day

We invited some friends over today to eat pancakes. Yep, that's how we roll. On a day off we eat pancakes and bacon, way too much bacon. And tomorrow we start it all over again. I have 5 books I need to scan for one client, and 7 yearbooks she wants me to scan, but I need to clarify what parts she wants scanned because if she wants me to scan ALL of those pages, her bill is going to be pretty steep. I will call her in the next couple of days to make sure I am clear. I also got an email from a possible client (or it was someone just fishing for info. I get those sometimes and I never hear from them again...).

Wednesday I will miss the first girl scout meeting I have ever missed in 5 years of being a leader. I am missing it because we will be in court on the bankruptcy hearing. It will be done then, no turning back, and hopefully we will catch our breath and see where we land. We are already doing better, trying to get the finances under control. It's not an easy thing to do, but at least I know we will make it through this, like other problems in the past, as a whole and happy family.

I had a long talk with my cousin the other day, a real wake up call, and I sure did appreciate that. I know I spread myself thin sometimes, all too thin, and I need to stop doing that. I won't be any good to anyone if I keep on taking on things because I am trying to be helpful. I do need to focus on work and making things better at home before I go off trying to change the world.

Thomas is doing better in school, I think. It has been a week since I heard from his teacher. We have him doing a writing prompt each morning in an attempt to get him up to speed on the skill of writing. His handwriting is bad... his printing is bad... and it slows him down so he doesn't write to his full potential. If we can build up his confidence in his writing I think things will start to fall in to place. He knows his multiplication tables to 12 now, which is what you need to get out of 5th grade. Good on him for that.

Glee will be selling girl scout cookies soon... and on another entirely separate note, she is going to apply for a $500 US Savings bond award, which she is hoping she will win. She has to write an essay and we have asked her 4th grade teacher to write a letter of recommendation for her. It's through an organization called CAG (California Association for GATE students). It's a state version of NACG or something like that.

So there you go... the update of what is happening here...

1 comment:

Aurora said...

I love the fact that you are writing on your blog so regularly. Keep 'em coming!