Thursday, July 17, 2008

Circus and other stuff!

No, really, this is going to be about the circus. Yes, Ringling Bros. Circus. We took the kids last night as a surprise, they didn't know they were going. X has had a fear of the circus his whole life, it's the clown thing, but even he had a good time! There were some amazing acts, like the seven motocross motorcycles inside the giant metal hamster ball cage thingy... and lots of people hanging on ropes and twisting around. Both kids really liked it but Thomas was done about 15 minutes before the end of the show and just wanted to go. I think it may have been overload. It was a full circus experience with snow cones eaten out of souvenir cups (Glee and Thomas got white tigers and X and I got clowns), just under $40 for a couple of nacho trays, a couple of hot dogs, a pretzel and four drinks (thank you Staple Center), and an experience to remember. I remember going to the circus with my grandparents when I was little (with my older brother), and I distinctly remember the cotton candy (no different now I tell you) and a little toy gun that sparked when you pulled the trigger (it must have been pointed at me a lot). Today we are going to draw pictures and write a letter to Grandma and Grandpa about the circus. They paid us a surprise visit this week, arriving on Monday and leaving yesterday. They came to collect some furniture from storage. We were really really happy to see them, and X and I got to take a dance lesson without kids for the first time in AGES. It was good. We actually learned something, and I think I will actually remember how to do it!

Today and tomorrow are the end of swimming lessons for the summer. Next week is prep week for the arrival of the European cousins! Yayay!!! I am making a list today of what needs to be done so we are prepared. I have been looking forward to this since, well, forever. I can't wait for them to get here. We are planning a three day trip to Arizona to see relatives (including my mom and dad who will be ending an entire month of travel I think), and show them a little of America (helllllooooo Grand Canyon!). Now it is time to go do some dishes. One of Glee's school friends may be coming over today and it wouldn't do to have a sink full of dirty dishes! Then it's off to swimming for an hour... more updates to come soon! Oh, I think we are all almost healthy again. I am coming off of a sinus infection, and even X got one this time (and man, he was not happy, let me tell you!). So, hopefully, the house of sick is almost closed!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Glad X got over his fear of the circus! Why are clowns made so creepy, I wonder? Yay for cotton candy! Were there wild beasts? Good luck with the prep for your guests...they will LOVE and be astonished by the Grand Canyon, I am sure!