Monday, July 7, 2008

Sick sick sick sick man I hate being sick

Today we were supposed to start phase 2 of summer swimming. Not going to happen today. Last night Thomas woke up at about midnight saying he had a headache and crying. He didn't eat his dinner, and he told us he had a headache because he didn't eat his dinner. He was SOBBING... and trying to get his pajamas on (because he fell asleep in my lap on the couch). So I helped him with that, gave him some Tylenol and settled him back down. 15 minutes later (just long enough for me to get back to sleep) he is crying again. X jumps up to go upstairs and I gather my pillows to sleep up there with him. He still has a headache, but he feels a little better when he realizes I am going to "sleepover" with him. So, we settle in... and at 3am he wakes up crying again, another headache. More Tylenol (to be given as directed every four hours... ha!), and back to sleep. I wake up all through the night to check on him. He kicks me... a lot... all night. So we get up this morning and Glee comes downstairs to tell me her ear REALLY hurts (great, ear infection). I can't seem to wake up (maybe because I never really went to sleep all the way) and it takes a WHOLE pot of coffee to get me moving. We all sound like we are heavy smokers (the cough, the grumbly voices), and I really feel like I need SLEEEEEEEP.

Okay, so we went to the doc for pink eye two weeks ago and waited an hour. We went for Thomas' cough last Monday, and waited 50 minutes. At that appointment the doc said to call if it got worse and they phone in a prescription. So today, I call at 9:25 and leave a message (because the doctors office isn't open? What?), and wait for a call back. No call, at 12:25 I call again and get a person, give her all the details, tell her I need a prescription phoned in to the pharmacy and she asks me for the pharmacy's number. I don't have it, but I figure her 411 works the same as mine, right? No. She tells me to get the number for the pharmacy and she will call back to get it of the doc okays the prescription. It's now 2:10pm. What the heck? Whatever happened to any sort of customer service? I am not asking for them to move a mountain. The bad thing is, I really like the doc, but this office situation IS NOT WORKING. What would you do? Who can I complain to about this? Just thought I would throw it out there. Time to try to get the office back on the phone.

2 comments:

Vadergirl said...

So sorry to hear about you all being sick! When my mom had a problem with her doctor's office staff, she told the doctor. Not sure if it helped or not, but at least the guy in charge was made aware of the problem. I hope you all feel better real soon!

Elizabeth said...

So X is the only one ok, eh? Sorry to hear you are all sick...you guys like to share WAY too much.

I like vadergirl's advice, telling the doctor...you never know.

Lame!