Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Growing Pains and randomness

Okay, I am growing... I hope. Glee didn't make it into GATE this year. It's okay, it's just that I am mad that someone did make it in who I don't think has the wisdom Glee has, and that is where I am growing. Because the GATE program is for intelligence, not wisdom. I have to get there. Also, the other person who got in is more than a year older than Glee. She will be 9 this year. In 2nd Grade...

So, we are wrapping up this year of school. I think it has been a great success for the kids, but I kind of feel I frittered it away. I really should have been working more, on photos, on generating business. Instead I learned to knit, and now I can make socks, so our feet will never be cold, even if our bellies are growling. I need to refocus, and try to work more.

I have been thinking of going back to school, maybe to get a masters in English, then a Phd. I want to teach college I think. I think I would be good at it. I would love to teach film, but I think I would be happy teaching locally, and we have a good community college nearby, and they don't have a film department. OH! Maybe I can start one... dreaming is free, right?

We get out of school on June 18th. The first day of summer vacation we are going to lay around in our jammies, eat snacks and watch movies we get from the library. We will be going to Colorado, just the kids and I, for a week in July to meet my new niece who was born on 5/24. We also will go to the beach, take swimming lessons at the local pool, and learn to do macrame. It is a summer of fun and excitement!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

If you frittered the year away, then I am the biggest slackass ever. You put in so much effort to the school, your kids, everyone else's kids it's almost unreal. I'm lucky if we get around to reading a school library book once a week. It may not be making you money now, but someday, when your kids invent the thingamajig that saves the planet, you'll be rich and it'll be because you invested time now.

Elizabeth said...

We are always hardest upon ourselves, ain't we?

You really should be a teacher! You explain things well and intelligently, and (usually) have pretty good patience. ;)

Can you maybe just get a teaching credential, and then start up a community college type of class? They have lots of neat ones up here.

Jill393 said...

Oh I LOVE my friends... you guys always make me feel okay... thanks for the kind words and the good ideas. Elizabeth, are you just afraid I will make you call me Dr. Jill? No, seriously though... I would like to get the highest degree I could get. Just for me.

Elizabeth said...

Why would I be afraid of calling you Dr Jill ? Years ago, I was totally thinking of going after a degree so I would have that salutation. Heh heh.

Aurora said...

All the way from Boscastle... where I really thought of you all... Go for it, cousin of mine!