Thursday, June 4, 2009

Weather

Today, as I set here squinting at the computer because the sun is shining in so brightly I have to do that to see, when yesterday at this time it was raining, and thundering and flashing bright with lightning, something we never get to see here! I loved it, although I hear a person was killed in Fontana just walking down a street when they got hit by lightning and then over at our local little league field the talk was all about canceling games because of a lightning strike that hit the transformer. Oh, and the benches there are all metal... would have been amusing I think!

So, we are wrapping up this year, slowly but surely. I finished the school yearbook and will be selling those next week after school every day until the 17th. Multicultural Fair and Week was a success, barring the one mom who complained to the principal because we had the JROTC ARMED drill team perform and she wanted to know what happened to the zero tolerance policy regarding weapons on campus (they flip rifles, fake wooden rifles). Someone always has something to complain about... I finished the invites for the 5th Grade Parent Volunteer Appreciation thingy that was dropped on my head because I offered to take over Volunteer Coordinator for school. Then there is the PTA Installation dinner next Thursday, the PTA Volunteer Appreciation Brunch tomorrow morning (put on by the teachers, don't want to miss a free meal from the teachers!), and our last Brownie Outing at ArtZone on 6/17. Whew. Where did that year go?

So... what are your plans for summer? I ask out loud to all three or four of you here. Anyone know any good museums (Toni?)? I am going to look for a list of "free days" at local museums and take the kids for some education... maybe we will see some real art, or marble statues, or something as interesting. Thought anyone?

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Do your museums down there have kid's days? That would be fun. I will be working this summer, as per usual.

Unknown said...

That reminds me to send you my calendar of summer fun that I culled from all the calendar stuff we put online. In the meantime, here you go:

This has a database of stuff in the area that is good for kids, sorted by your area of interest. Or, you can search by cost. http://www.dailybreeze.com/kidsactivities

This is a calendar of stuff that is family friendly from the calendar editor who sorts through 100s of listings a week: http://tinyurl.com/qqt4cr

And I'm hoping you saw the blog post about free+cheap summer movies for kids: http://www.insidesocal.com/dailylink/2009/06/free-and-cheap-summer-2009-mov.html

Thanks for asking! I love questions I know the answer to!

Vadergirl said...

Like Elizabeth, just workin', workin', workin'.

How about a road trip to the Bay Area to see our new and fabulous Academy of Science?