Monday, August 18, 2008

Here we go!

So, last couple of weeks of summer, and here is what the schedule for the next three to four months looks like...

Thomas has soccer practice on Thursdays from 5-6, Glee has soccer practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-6:30 (thankfully, the same location for all the practices). Games will be on Saturdays. Girl Scouts will be on every other Wednesday, for which I am the leader, so there will be prep and organizing to be done. Oh, and I am team mom for Glee's team (Thomas' team coach's wife took the job on that one). School will be Monday-Friday from 8:30-1:50 for Thomas, and 8:30-2:50 for Glee, except Wednesdays which will be out at 1:30 for Thomas and 1:50 for Glee. In all that I have to revitalize my business because we need the cash, and I have been feeling slightly useless lately not participating in the income portion of our house. Of course I do manage to save us some money here and there, but it would be nicer to generate some once in a while.

In other news, we sold out Pathfinder for $1200.00. That was a good deal all the way around. The guy who bought it is going to have to put about $1000.00 in for repairs, and we don't have to pay for insurance on it anymore. Oh, and it sure did like to drink gas, and we really only drove it in emergencies. So we are once again a two car family (and good thing, since only two of us can actually DRIVE).

It seems like a thousand years since my cousins were here. This summer dragged on and now it's over in the blink of an eye. I am looking forward to school starting. I think the kids are too, they are starting to get a little stir-crazy at home. Thomas has been bouncing off the walls for about two weeks now, and it seems it is not enough to have him rest in the afternoon, which ironically calms him down. Glee has been sick for a couple of days, bad sore throat, temp of 104 on Saturday. The doc today said it was just a bad cold of some sort, and to wait it out. She tested her for strep and it came back negative. Thomas is probably getting it too.

X is playing lots of hockey right now, and he seems tired. I would be too if I had a game that kept me out until 1am and I had to be at work at 7am the next day. He's a good guy, and I hope he isn't wearing himself out. I joined a new club, a knitting club, it meets every Sunday. I hope to be able to knit socks by Christmas (guess what I want to make for everyone!).

Quick update, but there you go.

No comments: