Monday, August 11, 2008

Just so I don't forget...

8/2: Spent the day at stitch shop (disappointing!), Riverside National Cemetery and Corona at relatives.
8/3: Day OFF!!! Shopping, cousins went to church, great conversation and delicious dinner.
8/4: Long Beach and Laguna Beach (never been there before, very Mediterranean!).
8/5: Disneyland from 8:15a-10:45p. Whew.
8/6: Graumann's, Hollywood and Highland, Griffith Observatory
8/7: Universal Studios (what a disappointment!).
8/8: Final shopping, packing, and collapsing in a heap of vacation exhaustion.

What can I say, we filled the vacation. So much for the Brits who like to stay in one place when they go on holiday! We put over 1200 miles on brother-in-law's borrowed van (thank the heavens for a borrowed van!). I learned how to knit correctly. I hope to be able to make socks soon. The first ugly pair will be sent to the UK. They need socks there, it is raining all the time. Even in the summer.

I do have a lot more to say about the vacation. I just can't right now. I miss my cousins. Glee told me she had a dream last night that had her, Thomas, me, X, and my cousins (I am naming them with new names here...) Aurora, her husband Gordon (he's the big train), and daughters Marilyn (the older, Hollywood starlet) and Summer (the youngest, she's beachy). Our "whole family" was here, and she thought it was real. We have only had a few tears from Glee since the departure. She misses people badly sometimes.I think she gets that from her mom.

Today is Monday. It's quiet. I have a job to do, going to play at a friends house this afternoon and a soccer meeting tonight (Glee's team!).

One more bit of news. In the middle of vacation we got an email from the principal of our school. He is not going to be our principal anymore. He took a job closer to home. Looks like I am going to have to get in with the PTA now. Ick. More on that later too...

No comments: