Monday, October 20, 2008

Just an update...

Not much to report really. This is our busy week... dance for X and I tomorrow night, soccer practice for Glee tomorrow, Brownies on Wednesday, Soccer for Thomas AND Glee on Thursday... should be a jam-packed week!

I spent the weekend working on Halloween costumes. Glee will be Silvermist, one of Tinker Bell's friends. She wears blue and sparkles and has black hair (?!). Why Glee picked her I will never know, but we got a wig, so Glee's hair won't be dyed... The costume is almost done. I am working on the belt, I have to make the shorts to go under the dress and then the wings. I am looking forward to making fairy wings, I've never done that before! Thomas is going to be a FedEx Guy, just like dad. We have a shirt from one of X's co-workers (a small woman!), some shorts, his short white socks, and a baseball hat. We need to make him a powerpad (that's what you sign when you sign for FedEx) and a tracker. He also has a belt holster for his tracker. I have to shorten the sleeves on his shirt, but otherwise he is good to go. We are going to make his trick-or-treat bag out of a FedEx box.

We went to the pumpkin patch yesterday for the yearly photo. I will try to put up the last seven years of pumpkin patch photos at some point... I guess that's our version of a Christmas Card picture!

This morning I get to go help in Glee's class, for Writer's Workshop. Thomas is doing a special art project next Monday and I get to help out with that too. 19 kindergartners with watercolors. Yay!

We are half way through the soccer season... it ends in December. That will be nice. I am done with every Saturday being taken up for a majority of the day with games. I am done going to practice twice a week. I am just plain done with soccer.

Just a couple more weeks of the politics, and then I wonder what I will talk about with some of my friends. Go Obama!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I wonder what I will talk about with some of my friends. "

The wacky PTA people. :)

Windro