Friday, June 13, 2008

Almost there

Today is the last Friday of this school year. Glee is eating in the cafeteria, it's pizza. I had a conference with Thomas' preschool teacher. She said he is very verbal, with a vocabulary far beyond most of his peers. He is very interested in science, particularly the solar system (maybe that astronaut career isn't too far out of reach!) and that he is an enthusiastic learner (wow, nice key words!). He won't be 5 until three weeks after kindergarten starts, but he is learning at a 5y2mo level, so she doesn't think he will have any trouble learning in kindergarten, but he is antsy, and he tends to fidget and sometimes has a hard time staying on task (since he's only 4.5 I am not surprised!). We will work on that over the summer, and he is way better than he was at the beginning of the year! He is going to do so well in kindergarten, and he is so excited. I saw Glee's teacher today too, not for a conference but I had to drop off something in her class. Her class was all abuzz because the silkworm eggs have hatched!!! They have seen the full life cycle this year, from egg to worm to larva to moth to egg to worm again. Amazing for them, and Glee was ecstatic. She has learned so much in first grade, particularly about insects. Her teacher said she has a real interest in science too! Yay for that! It was not my forte, that's for sure.

Across the street from us there is a young couple, both have serious jobs. The husband is a prosecuting attorney for the state, and the wife is a research scientist. I am going to explain to Glee what the wife does, and show her that girls can do it!

Well, tomorrow is yard sale day here, actually 11 houses on our block are participating, so it should be fun. I have a ton of stuff in the garage to get rid of and I think I may weed through the stuffed animals upstairs too. Whatever left will get put in the truck and dropped at Goodwill. If I was willing to sell it then I don't need it, right? On Sunday we will do something special for the man of the house, since it is Father's Day and all. I still haven't decided what to call him in this blog. Maybe I will let him pick his own name...

Have a nice weekend you all, and go see a movie or something, there are some good ones out!

1 comment:

Vadergirl said...

It does not surprise me that you have smart kids!

Have a great Father's Day! Be sure to give that man of yours an extra hug for me.

Tomorrow's screening is The Incredible Hulk. I hope it's good.