Monday, June 16, 2008

Coincidences

I have an email account that is the first email account I ever had. It collects email at an alarming rate, 95% of it junk mail, but sometimes I get something from someone from a long time ago, someone who has known me forever and I gave that first email address to, but we don't really stay in touch. I get email from someone I worked with in 1986/1987 at a bookstore, she used to live down the street from me when we were kids, and she went through a serious Goth stage that lingers still. I get a Christmas card from her every year, and I send one to her, and once in a blue moon an email comes through, usually not to me, but to a list of people she thought would like to see amazing animals, or a funny commercial.

So, this account is still open. I got an email today that's title was "auckland." This year I made the multicultural fair board for New Zealand for Glee and Thomas' school. I have never been there, although my MIL always said she wanted to go. I learned a lot about New Zealand, it was fun to do the board for the kids, but I wonder why, now, I am getting "auckland." Of course, I never open email from someone I don't know... and I am sure it was nothing... but still. Weird.

No comments: