Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day after...

Yesterday was HOT. Like I even need to say that out loud. Today is hot too. I imagine we will be taking advantage of our little pool again today. Both X (that is what W wants me to call him, so now you know who he is...) and Glee got sunburned. That's what I get for trusting him to put sunscreen on her. Next time I will have to make sure I do that myself. He said she did it. He got sunburned on the parts he said he put sunscreen on too. Serves him right.

We spent a day yesterday out shopping. X needed flip flops to make his feet look not so white. And tank tops to even out his "tan." You know, men's tank tops are HARD to find! We went to Old Navy, Target, K-Mart, Marshalls, he went to Sears, Penney's and finally found some (on clearance too!) at Anchor Blue. We also bought a tent, some new towels for the company that's coming in a few weeks, and some clothes at Old Navy. And treated ourselves to a Summer Solstice feast at Cheesecake Factory.

So, we had another mermaid and fairy tea party. Heidi, the fairy dust is on it's way! It was a success, the fairies and mermaids ate the soup Glee made and everything. Here's a video link if you want to see her describe what she's doing. It's a little dark, but you'll get the idea (that's what I get for doing this at 9pm!). FAIRY TEA PARTY

Today is housekeeping day, laundry, take out recycling and garbage, try to beat the heat. We will spend the afternoon ensconced in our living room, shades down, popcorn popped and movie. I'm not sure what we will be watching, but we will pull something out of our vast library (hah, vast library).

Oh, I just finished a book last night I got at the library last week. It is called The Extra Large Medium by Helen Slavin. I really enjoyed it, it's by an English author, her first book (Dawn, you may know of her, apparently she has a bit of fame in the UK, and it says she lived in Wiltshire... not that you get to Wiltshire or anything...). It was a good read, a nice twist at the end. Also, I recently read the Golden Compass trilogy. I liked the last book the best, but they did seem to drag a bit.

No comments: