Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

Wednesdays right now are nutty... school gets out an hour early, we have Brownies on every other one, but today, today takes the cake.

Glee starts school at 8:30am, Thomas and I come home until 10am, when we go back to school for the Volunteer Appreciation Brunch put on by the teachers (I like to do work at the school!). Then we have to take Thomas to a field trip about 20 minutes from here, he has to be there by 11:30, pick him up at 2pm, get home and pick up Glee from a neighbor's house, be at Brownies by 2:30 to set up the father's day craft (thumbprint art anyone?) and then wrap things up and be home by about 5pm. While Thomas is at his field trip I need to get supplies for thumbprint art.

Somedays go by like this, and I get to the end and wonder what was accomplished today. I don't like the madness of running everywhere. I feel like I forget to ask my kids how things are, what they learned today, did they see the clouds in the sky or smell the ocean? We have sunflowers blooming in the backyard (as well as broccoli blooming, and you know, it just doesn't taste right once it flowers!). There are peas to be picked, squash blossoms to be looked at, weeds to be pulled, nature to be enjoyed. But not for today I guess.

We are planning a fairy/mermaid tea party, for Summer Solstice (go figure!). It's something Glee started. She makes a tea and soup out of plants from the yard and sets up a lovely table. Then, at night the fairies and mermaids (landwalkers of course) come and enjoy the free meal and leave her gifts. Once they left golden seashells, and last time they left fairy flowers, made our of my ribbons out of my craft box. And they always leave a really nice note. The last tooth she lost even brought a note. The tooth fairy, who is sisters with the fairies who come to the tea, said her sisters loved Glee's meals, and thanked her for it. And left 8 shiny quarters and took her tooth. Man, I love this magical time...

No comments: